PSOFT Pencil+ 4 for Maya is a non-photorealistic rendering plugin which can reproduce the appearance of pen-and-ink and color pencils drawings as well as animation cels.
– Materials with high level of expressiveness
– Fast and beautiful line drawing
– Powerful render elements and file output functionality
This plugin makes it possible to reproduce in 3D the distinctive art style seen in Japanese animation and illustrations. It is also effective for creating non-photorealistic looks made from simple planes and lines and which are useful for creating simplified illustration drawings to convey ideas.
Changes since 4.0.4
– Adds compatibility with Maya 2020.
– Introduces the Pencil+ 4 Line renderer.
– Adds the ability to draw curves as outlines.
– Adds the ability to draw Z-depth to PencilRendererElementsLine nodes
– Speed improvements when using 2D textures in maps.
– Fixes a problem with drawing hidden lines using line functions.
– Supports smooth conversions when a key is applied to an object’s [Visibility].
– Other minor bug fixes.